** Junior Project Manager **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aerospace client to identify and recruit a Junior Project Manager on a permanent basis. This role is based in Buckinghamshire.
• Responsibility for managing and delivering the project, with moderate complexity to the agreed scope and to schedule, cost and quality under limited supervision
• Day to day management of the team including organising, coordinating and directing the project activities to achieve agreed project objectives
• Definition of project management plan to include responsibility matrix and cost and resource plans. Management to this defined baseline once approved.
• Tracking schedule, cost and resource
• Conducting formal cost and schedule variance analysis and the development of any recovery plans
• Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers
• Responsibility for the financial performance of the project
• Proactively manage customer and internally generated changes in project scope
• Responsible for all cost, schedule and technical aspects of all procurements and subcontracts
• Identifying and monitoring technical, schedule & cost risks (threats and opportunities) and following standard processes to plan and implement responses to them
• Lead or participate in Program Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews, and other project or management reviews.
• Following the standard lifecycle management procedures in order to deliver against the requirements of the business.
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
• Experience delivering CAT 3 projects and working on CAT 2 projects as Work Package Manager with the same or similar functions and technology, with a proven delivery track record.
• ideally degree educated with experience of working in project teams, or equivalent relevant experience
• Accredited Project Management qualification at level 4 (e.g. PMP, APMP) or willingness to work towards qualification
• Experience of managing of the same or similar functions and technology, with proven delivery track record.
• Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain partners that require management.
• Strong focus on customer satisfaction
• Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
• Team leadership and interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion).
• Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
• Methodical and organised
• Good facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict.
• An ability to develop team members and increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
• Commercially and contractually aware.
• Good technical awareness in areas relevant to the project
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.