2 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking a Junior Network Designer to join our team located in Seal Beach, California. You will be a part of the Network Infrastructure Services -- Global Site Design group to provide network design support to the Global Boeing Enterprise Network.
* Assists in the identification and documentation of network transport technologies and services.
* Supports research, design, maintenance and implementation of network designs.
* Creates, implements, maintains and documents network designs globally, that conform to architectural and security standards.
* Supports component research.
* Collects data to provide project cost estimates.
* Assists with implementation planning for tactical multi-technology benefit structure.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Experience with Local Area Network (LAN) Infrastructure Design and Implementation
* Experience with Cisco switching, routing, wireless, and command line interface
* Experience with performance analysis, incident, and problem resolution
* Basic knowledge and/or experience with MAN, WAN, Data Center Networks (DC Networks), and Perimeter
* Basic knowledge and/or experience with performance analysis, packet capture/sniffing, and incident and problem resolution
* Experience with Python Scripting to support Software Defined Networking (SDN)
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or other Cisco Certification
Wireless and RFID experience
* Experience with managing projects
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award