2 months ago
Boeing Commercial Airplanes seeks Junior Level- High Voltage Power Distribution and Simulation Engineers to join the Electrical Sub-Systems Team based in Everett, WA.
As part of Boeing Product Development Organization, we manage the company's major new development programs for commercial aviation applications. This Engineer will contribute to the technical team that oversees the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of new High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation designs and architectures.
The successful candidate will work with Electrical Power Systems engineering and adjacent groups to establish program, system, sub-system, High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation requirements in support of BCA Product Development applications.
* Provide technical leadership and project management of High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation development activities.
* Interface with program customers, suppliers, and other engineering stakeholders.
* Ensure High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation designs comply with program requirements.
* Drive timely closure of High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation technical issues and anomalies to meet program requirements.
* Assist in High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation design reviews.
* Evaluate new High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation technology and methods.
* Responsible for documenting the design and management of development programs as required.
* Prepare procurement specifications and work with suppliers to obtain components for High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation build, if required.
* Provide technical assistance in unit manufacture and test activities.
* Verify all unit requirements are met for technical maturity steps.
* Support High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation questions during product development integration and test, as required.
Support power subsystem trade studies with High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation performance estimates and analyses.
* Assist in research of High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
* Perform analyses using appropriate analytical tools to identify and resolve any design issues in High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation to ensure that design requirements are met.
* Prepare and present technical data and results to internal and external stakeholders.
* Assist with review and definition of routine test plans and conduct basic tests and diagnostics using appropriate measurement tools, processes, and procedures to evaluate design performance.
* Support verification efforts that ensure sub-tier level designs meet High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation requirements and specifications by reviewing product analysis and test data, manufacturing records, and other relevant information.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering.
* 2 or more years of experience with electrical systems.
* Experience in high voltage power supply and power modulator theory, design, fabrication and testing.
* Experience with simulation and / or system / component modeling.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Ability to work with team of engineers to provide system optimized High Voltage Power Distribution & Simulation for Boeing Commercial Airplanes.
* Experience working with tools for data analyses and engineering principles for analyzing product non-conformance.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award