2 months ago
Jr Software Engineer
** This position is e ligible for sign-on bonus. **
L3 Applied Defense Solutions currently has an opening for a Jr Software Engineer at our Chantilly, VA location.
The Jr Software Engineer will be a member of our dynamic software engineering team developing cutting edge analysis and decision support tools. The engineer will develop software for ongoing J2EE development projects, to be responsible for developing astrodynamics-based solutions using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies, and to perform evaluations of COTS/GOTS/Open Source software products from business and technical perspectives.
* 1+ years of experience with Java development, including J2EE technologies.
* Experience with Application and Web Server technology (e.g. JBOSS, Apache Tomcat).
* Experience developing software using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
* Experience integrating diverse COTS, GOTS, and Open Source software.
* Experience evaluating and implementing new and state-of-the-art technology to address challenging customer problems in a research environment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* B.S. degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related technical field.
* Experience with big data processing, data analytics, advanced visualization, and cloud technology.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance + CI Polygraph.
* Work with aggressive timelines, in a team environment with a willingness to learn and grow.
* Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite & Certified Agile Scrum Master.
* Experience with modern web client technologies (HTML5, WebGL).
* Experience with AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Git.
* Experience with astrodynamics modeling tools including COTS (STK, ODTK, FreeFlyer), GOTS (GMAT, USAF Astro Standards), open source (Orekit), or custom software (e.g. Matlab, Python).
* Experience with SOAP and RESTful web service implementation and distributed computing standards.
* Experience with Postgres or Accumulo.
* Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
L3 is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms.
L3 Applied Defense Solutions (ADS) is a highly-specialized Technical Services and Solutions group that applies our operational experience and development knowledge to provide unique subject matter expertise and to build highly effective mission critical systems for its' customers. L3 ADS addresses the space systems, national security space, geospatial information systems, and modeling & simulation markets for the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, Civil Space, and the Commercial Space Industry. L3 ADS has on-going work spanning the full project life cycle from mission concept studies, research & development, system development & integration, mission planning, and mission operations across multiple satellite orbit regimes (LEO, HEO, GEO, lunar, and interplanetary).
During the history of our group, our highly technical staff has operational experience flying more than 50 satellites including past and future NASA science missions (IBEX, LCROSS, LADEE, CPOD, OCO-2, TESS and CYGNSS), military communications satellites, and commercial imagery satellites. The partnership and collaboration among the L3 ADS staff possessing a broad range of skills and a diverse set of background experiences make the
L3 ADS team a dynamic and exciting place to work.
We offer a competitive benefits package for Full-time and Part-time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short-term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
US Security Clearance Required
Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
Day - 1st
Applied Defense Solutions-20000022
Apr 4, 2019, 7:08:09 PM
Email this job
To access this job from another device, Email this information to yourself.
Name should not be empty
Recipient’s email address
Email should not be empty
Please enter a valid Email
Email has been sent sucessfully
No locations found