about 1 month ago
Java Software Development Intern - Data Visualization - Spring 2020
Rome, NY US
CACI helps the Air Force Research Laboratory explore, prototype, and demonstrate new technologies, enabling the Air Force to maintain its technological advantage. We are seeking a Java software development intern to help us research and develop tools for accessing, filtering, manipulating and visualizing large data sets.
This is a short-term assignment (approximately ten weeks/one semester).
As a Java Software Development Intern, you will:
* Work with our team of experienced developers on a software application for visualizing multiple large data sets.
* Apply your Java programming skills to solving complex data management problems.
* Gain experience as a member of a professional software development team.
* Technologies you will use include:
* Java SE, Netbeans
* JDBC, PostgreSQL, SOAP
* OpenGL, JOGL
* RDF, OpenLink Virtuoso
* Git, Jira
You’ll need to meet these requirements to be eligible for this internship:
* US Citizen
* Able to work in-person in Rome, NY
* Current enrollee in a college degree program, including computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, video game development, or related field
* Experience with Java programming language
* Experience with Vulkan, OpenGL, WebGL, DirectX, or other 3D visualization platform
* Experience with Git source code management tools
* Experience with database access tools and techniques, such as JDBC
* Experience with web services tools and techniques
* Experience with linked/graph-type data formats and tools such as RDF, Turtle, OpenLink Virtuoso
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.