2 months ago
JAVA Software Developers with AWS (Clearance Sponsorship Available)
Req #: 222850
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI is seeking JAVA Software Developers with AWS who are currently cleared with TS/SCI w/poly OR who are a US Citizen and willing to complete the clearance sponsorship process. Our work sites are generally in the Reston & Chantilly, Va areas. Our program is unique as it does have some very important work to assist in the facilitation of our customer's mission. It is not back-office accounting or HR systems. As a whole, it is buzzword compliant--or as much as the gov't can be: big data, analytics, AWS, distributed systems, polyglot environments (although to be honest we're still mostly Java), a variety of 3rd party technologies, migrating to DevSecOps, and we enjoy a great relationship with the customer. Of course, we also maintain & enhance some legacy applications that aren't new & shiny, but they continue to be enhanced because they are truly mission critical. Since our program supports many applications that cover a wide set of functionality, you have the opportunity to move between projects if there is an area (functional or technical) that you'd like to become more involved with . You can also remain with a specific application if frequent movement is not your thing--we've had people who worked on the same apps (and their re-engineering) for over a decade, and they often have become subject matter experts on the data complexities & nuances, so they are able to contribute more to the mission than just slinging code.
What you will get to do:
* Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines.
* Writes, modifies, and debugs software largely focused in the back-end and data layer.
* Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software; recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions; this includes validating the fix for the software problem.
* Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
* Assists in the preparation of internal software design documentation.
* Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
* Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
* Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
* Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
* Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
* Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
* Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
* Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on complex projects.
* Designs and maintains Big Data analytical algorithms to operate on petabytes of data.
* Works with well-structured data (compared to traditional Hadoop data).
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent
* A minimum of 7 years of related experience
* Must be able to obtain and maintain clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client. (TS/SCI with POLY+)
* Work Experience as Software Developer using Java w/AWS technologies and interest to continue coding and developing.
* Strong understanding of data modeling.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Spring Cloud, ElasticSearch, message queues beyond SQS
* Distributed systems development experience with big data
* Strongly Desired - Object Oriented Programming, Multi-threaded programming experience, experience using continuous integration.
* Experience supporting Agile software development
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.