8 months ago
This hands-on technical position will diagnose, resolve and respond to local program / project site IT incidents and service requests, priorities, and goals in a MS Windows / Cisco based environment that can span from one to several offices / buildings. Technical responsibilities include (but not limited to) support and administration for computing hardware and systems, packaged software, peripheral equipment, proprietary software, and network connectivity to ensure the efficient and successful operations of site IT automation in accordance with SNC corporate business, security, and IT standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
The IT Support Administrator reports to, takes direction from, and is supervised by a local site or Corporate IT supervisor / manager. Will also receive corporate direction and follow corporate IT standards, policies, processes, and procedures provided by/from Corporate IT.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Responsible for the setup, configuration, repair, break/fix, moves/add/changes and integration of new and existing computing hardware, software, networking, telecommunications (VoIP handsets and systems) and other computer-related technologies and peripherals
* Provide basic network support ensuring desktop and other networked peripherals full connectivity
* Perform preventative maintenance and setup for a variety of computer related equipment and locations, including audio-visual conferencing systems and conference rooms
* Responsible for providing outstanding customer-centered quality support and service ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction
* Address/resolve IT incidents/service request and/or escalate to the appropriate upper Tier IT teams when necessary; promptly enter / prioritizes/track/ monitor/ update and follow-up/ close all tickets received via the IT Service Desk tracking system, telephone calls and/or SNC personnel “walk-ups”
* Support organizational efforts and maintaining policies and procedures in the IT Department
* Assist with the creation and maintenance of local site IT systems documentation
* Participates in Corporate IT virtual teams (VTeams) as directed
* Perform on-call "after-hours" support based on a staff rotation as/when required
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
* Able to work off-hours implementations and possible remote site travel as/when required
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Associates Degree in technical field or equivalent trade school or military training.
* 6+ years previous experience
* Knowledge of current IT technical standards as related to microcomputers, printers, and basic network technology
* Working knowledge of Help Desk / Customer Support center operations
* Comprehensive “hands-on” troubleshooting skills with various hardware and software products including (but not limited to): Dell 32-/64-bit platforms (mobile and stationary), HP & Xerox printers / plotters, scanning systems, PGP encryption, wired & wireless equipment, VoIP, Citrix, VPN, desktop firewall, McAfee Antivirus, MS Windows 2000/XP, MS Office 2003/2007. Blackberry and Linux Redhat/SUSE; MS Sharepoint
* Strong customer and technical support experience, supporting a clientele that is predominantly “non-technical”
* Familiarity with call tracking software
* Comprehensive troubleshooting skills of various hardware and software products including: Microsoft, Lotus Notes, McAfee Antivirus, PGP encryption, wireless, Citrix, Dell laptops/desktops, and HP Printers
* Strong sense of customer/solution ownership, an overall drive for excellence, and a proven ability to manage multiple projects to successful completion
* Well-versed/practiced in current IT technical standards and best practices (ITIL) relating to micro-computers, printers, scanners, and basic network technology
* Superior customer service and communications skills along with ability to drive productive team collaboration will participating in on call support rotation
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC's Responsibility Matrix.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.