3 months ago
IT Delivery Manager
As Delivery Manager, you will manage the relationship with the Brussels Airlines business teams and system suppliers throughout the lifecycle of the IT solutions. You will cover both the support of the current portfolio of IT solutions and the delivery of new solutions, including a seamless transition to the new products.
When necessary, you will also act as an escalation point, to ensure the business and operational continuity of the IT solutions.
We are currently looking for IT Delivery Managers in the following business domains: (1) Online Solutions, (2) Mobile Solutions, (3) Network & Distribution, and (4) Flight Operations & Safety.
You build up and maintain strong knowledge of the business (people & processes), available system functionalities and their relationship with the underlying IT applications and interfaces.
Key contribution areas:
* You come up with new ways of integrating business requests in existing IT solutions
* Together with the business, you develop specifications for the development of new IT solutions, you actively participate in the supplier selection process and you act as steerco member to oversee the delivery
* You act as escalation level on the relevant running solutions and projects if a supplier or an internal IT service is unable to deliver
* You are the IT budget controller of the applications / suppliers in your area
* Where needed, you act as 2nd line escalation for any budget or supplier related issues
* In general, you challenge the status quo, you identify flaws or improvement opportunities and you recommend solutions
Technical skills & experience
* Bachelor Degree in IT, or equivalent through experience plus at least 5 years in IT
* Exposure to the airline business and its main processes, education or other experience in the aviation/airline sector is a valuable asset
* Understanding of IT architectures and/or system solution design
* Good knowledge and understanding of the total cost of ownership of assets and functions, and the ability to perform benchmarks and manage trade-offs
* Practical experience of IT technologies and working practices (ITIL), project methodology and best practices (PRINCE-2, PMI-BOK), agile models etc.
* Excellent writing and verbal skills in English; French, Dutch or German is an asset
* Strong team player and excellent relationship builder with colleagues and suppliers
* True facilitator, innovative and pro-active, flexible and customer focused
* Analytical and able to get business value from big, complex and disperse data sets
* High degree of cost awareness and able to take advantage of cost saving opportunities
* Able to perform and deliver under pressure, and capable of establishing structure, governance and processes in sometimes complex environments
* Convinced that good documentation is part of every solution delivery, and writing procedures or guidelines is not the last phase in your work
* Flexible in supporting implemented services, once in operation