3 months ago
Are you an Embedded Software Engineer who has the natural technical curiosity about how things work but also who enjoys working in a team and interacting with customers? This might be a great opportunity for you!
Consider joining our engineering team in the Vehicular Instrumentation Systems Business Unit in Grand Junction, Colorado. This unique city on the western side of the Rocky Mountains offers great outdoor opportunities year round including mountain biking, hiking, fishing and skiing. You will also find plenty of restaurants, wineries, and opportunities to soak up in arts and culture attractions in the downtown area.
As a System Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in the design and development of real-time embedded systems for a wide range of new and existing instrumentation and control products.
You will participate in all phases of the product development life cycle (requirements analysis, work estimates, software architecture/system design, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test, and maintenance).
You will have an opportunity to interact with customers and consult with other cross-functional engineering staff (electrical, mechanical, test) to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
You will have direct impact on the success of our VIS product line by fulfilling key responsibilities of this role:
• GUI development – Based on customer requirements and using VAPs or similar graphics tools C++
• Hardware design input. Participate in the hardware and embedded system design of new products. Insuring the requirements of the customer are realized in the product.
• Managing technical activities of a team of engineering in Bangalore India. This will require off-hours work
• Visiting customers in North America both with and without sales to both assist in the technical portion of the sales and to assist in the product development process.
Education, Experience & Qualification Preferences:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with emphasis on software systems.
- Skilled in the use of the C language with embedded experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic and math skills.
- Ability to use basic test equipment (oscilloscope, DMM, logic analyzer, etc.).
- Ability to read & understand schematics.
- Ability to work well across cultures
- Ability to work multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a dynamic, quality-oriented environment.
Desired specific experience:
- NXP family of processors;
- CAN communications with focus on J1939/ISO 11898
- Embedded Linux experience
- GUI development
- “Need to know” - why and how things work
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Enjoy both working with people as well as hardware and software
- Desire to be the “Go To” person on how things work
- Ability to understand the customer, as well as the product
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.