about 1 year ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Review and disposition excess/stranded inventory to determine root cause and provide corrective actions
* Interface with cross-functional teams to evaluate impacts to inventory levels
* Create ad-hoc reports to support Operations
* Provide and track cost savings as it relates to inventory
* Work closely with Finance to ensure data integrity during costing exercises
* Update data within our ERP/PLM systems in accordance with business requirements
* Provide support to the Procurement/Operations team by providing data to support KPI’s and ad-hoc requests
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
* Proficient in cost analysis/cost reduction techniques
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
* Clear and effective communicator
* Continuous process improvement mindset
* Ability to work with Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing and Material Planning
* Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
* Strong MS Excel skills
Experience & Education Requirements
* College Diploma or University Degree in a related field
* Experience in Procurement, Operations or Finance would be beneficial
* Reporting experience (specifically in SQL) (asset)
* Knowledge of the Procurement process in an Engineering company (asset)
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam