4 months ago
Internship within Information Management: Product Design
Airbus Helicopters Donauwörth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of an Information Management Systems Architect? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) at the Department Product Design inside the Directorate Information Management (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Start: May 2018
Duration: 4-6 months
We are in charge of designing and developing Information Systems for PDM (~Product Data Management) and 3D Product Design for all helicopters. We create innovative new concepts and improve existing ones based on the requests of the Department Methods & Tools in the Directorate Research & Development and also on requests inside our own department IM.We support mainly applications from Dassault Systems like Enovia VPM and CATIA V5, based on UNIX-Servers and Oracle-Databases. You will support the ongoing activities of the department on of our major PDM systems, within a new and very exciting helicopter development.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Monitoring, Alerting and SLAs
* Building a real-time monitoring/alerting of critical applications, define tresholds for warning
* Define Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the applications
* Follow-up the calculation of the monthly SLAs
Development and Operations:
* Analyzing the existing deployment procedure of the PDM System, define steps to improve it
* Similarly, building a Development Guide for Product Design (VPM and CATIA V5) based on the one for SAP
* Creating a Sharepoint page for Communication to our End-users in terms of project status, new releases, FAQ and more
* Enrolled student within Applied Informatics or similar field of study
* Microsoft Office
* First experience/basic knowledge in following systems/software would be a plus:
* UNIX/Linux Operating System (basic commands and shell scripts)
* SQL for Oracle Database
* Microsoft Access, Visio and Sharepoint
* PDM (Product Data Management) and Product Design
* Enovia VPM and CATIA V5
* Monitoring, alerting based on Linux and the packages cacti and nagios
* English: fluent
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.