about 1 year ago
Internship in Airbus Future Projects Office
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of an engineer? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) at the Fuselage & Payload Accommodation department (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Duration: 5 months
Within the Future Projects Office the department Fuselage & Payload Accommodation is responsible for the definition and integration of fuselage related items with respect to overall aircraft design and the corresponding analysis of competitor’s aircraft.
A transnational software development team provides the tool environment to perform the required tasks.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Your exciting tasks:
* Installation & configuration of the development environment
* Development of sub components, functionalities and interfaces between FPO internal tools
* Software testing and creation of initial input data
* Creation of user manual, test scripts and tutorials
* Enrolled student of software engineering, aerospace engineering or comparable
* Good knowledge of JAVA programming language is mandatory
* Experiences in software development techniques and understanding in preliminary conceptual aircraft design would be a plus
* Ablity to work independently and thoroughly
* English: fluent
* German is a plus
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.