5 months ago
Quality Engineering Intern
The Crane Electronics Group Microwave Division has been designing and manufacturing custom Microwave Components, Oscillators and Subsystem products for the more than 30 years and has grown to become the premier designer and manufacturer with its Microwave Integrated Multi-Function Assembly (MFA) products. We are recognized as a market leader in Custom Microwave Products and Services.
Our Microwave Systems Solutions are typically integrated into complex systems and subsystems which require precision frequency generation, conversion and management. We design and manufacture custom microwave products using frequency generation, synthesis and conversion components and assemblies from raw materials to finished products, and produces various integrated packages, including associated control and conditioning electronic assemblies.
We participate on virtually every major U.S. Defense program, a significant number of Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs and a number of Space satellite programs. We participate on a number of major platforms for defense applications, commercial satcom and numerous precision measurement, instrumentation and sensor equipment for industrial applications such as level detection, general avionics and telecommunications.
We are dedicated to meeting customer requirements for cost, performance and delivery in products that bridge the entire microwave frequency range. We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
We are now hiring Interns as innovative as our products at our West Caldwell, NJ site.
Description: The intern would have the unique experience of interacting directly with quality manager and senior level quality engineers working on products in various stages of their life cycle. The intern will get exposure to quality planning and development and cross functional engineering activities that are used toward the production of high frequency sub-systems in various military applications. Responsibilities and tasks will be tailored to the applicant’s abilities.
* The successful applicant would be enrolled in a mechanical or electrical engineering degree program, pursuing a Bachelors or Advanced degree
* Must have high attention to detail
* Demonstrated problem solving experience and a technical aptitude
* Solid decision making skills
* Strong analytical skills using standard Microsoft Office tools (spreadsheets, pivot tables, developing pareto charts, etc..)
* Ability to inspect work in process and finished goods against documented quality plan requirements, and decide if product meets quality requirements
* Must be able to review operator activities against instructions documented in quality plans
* Ability to work in a fast paced electronics environment
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Eligibility requirement includes U.S. Citizenship
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.