5 months ago
Crane Aerospace & Electronics brings industry-leading electronic and hydraulic subsystems for landing gear together in solutions that add value and offer superior performance our customers can count on. We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes.
We have a unique and exciting career opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Intern located at our site in Burbank, CA. Crane Aerospace & Electronics internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an intern at Crane Aerospace & Electronics, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a functional area (such as manufacturing, engineering, and lean principles). You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting employees with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
· Handle projects or some of the work normally performed by an entry-level, professional employee
· Including development and implementation of manufacturing work instructions and tooling
· Provide Operations support for the New Product Introduction Process
· Work closely with other members of the Operations team such as Manufacturing Engineers, Production Supervisors, Buyer/Planners, Assemblers and Technicians.
· Work closely with other cross functional members of the Integrated Product Team such as Design Engineers, Program Managers, Quality, Supply Chain, and Business Managers.
· Attend seminars, meetings, and Kaizen events as assigned.
· In addition, for OPERATIONS:
o Assist in creation of production cell layouts and workstation configurations
o Assist in development of the lean manufacturing process for new products
o Support estimating and quoting activities for new products
o Perform quantitative analysis for capacity planning and cost comparison
o Assist in coordination of documentation and materials required to support hardware deliveries
· In addition, for Supply Chain:
o Assist in volume analysis and coordination of vendor quoting activity
o Assist in coordination of material flow and part availability to support hardware deliveries
· Experience: Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in manufacturing, supply chain or engineering
o Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Possess effective interpersonal skills in a team environment
o Must be project-oriented and be able to multi-task
o Knowledge/proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft PowerPoint
o Ability to fulfill a one quarter or semester internship commitment, 40 hours per week
· Education/Certification: Must provide GPA, minimum accepted 3.1 on a 4.0 scale.
Special Work Conditions:
* Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.