3 months ago
Are you detail-oriented, creative, and technically skilled at Engineering design and development? Come to Crane Aerospace & Electronics and use your excellent Engineering skills to design, improve, and deliver the next generation of products in the aerospace and electronics Industry!
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
Crane Aerospace offers a full line of products for sensing both position (proximity) and pressure of mechanical, flight control and air data systems. All incorporate flight proven, highly reliable technology and are in use on many commercial and military aircraft.
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
We have a unique and exciting career opportunity for an Intern- Electrical Engineering (Sensing Systems).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an intern at Crane Aerospace & Electronics, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a functional area (such as manufacturing, engineering, and lean principles). You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting employees with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
Essential Job Functions:
* Handle projects or some of the work normally performed by an entry-level, professional employee
* Provide support for assigned department
* Work with other members of the department to learn how the department functions within the company
* Work with other employees in different departments to learn how other departments operate within the company
* Attend seminars and meetings as assigned.
In addition, for Electrical Engineering:
* Assist other engineers in performing laboratory tests, including data collection using test equipment, and analysis and documentation of test results in EMC, thermal, and ambient environments
* Writing test procedures to verify design requirements
* Performing schematic capture using EDA tools
* Performing analysis of component data sheets
* Assisting electronics technicians troubleshoot test failures
* Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in engineering.
* Education: 2+ years toward BS in Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent).
* Must provide GPA, minimum accepted 3.1 on a 4.0 scale
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Possess effective interpersonal skills in a team environment
* Must be project-oriented and be able to multi-task
* Ability to fulfill a one quarter or semester internship commitment, 40 hours per week
* Available to work full-time during summer months
* Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, and familiarity with mathematical modeling tools or requirements management is an advantage. Should be self-directed/motivated, and work and communicate well within a team that consists of several engineering, manufacturing, and other disciplines. Use effective English communication in presentations, analyses, and reports.
* Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check prior to employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.