about 1 year ago
This job requires strong knowledge of interior installation, removal, disassembling, reassembling and repair. Job Tasks include varying amounts of parts replacements or repair, basic electrical system installation and general mechanical applications. Modifications, repair, refurbishment and installation of aircraft interiors are primary functions.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform incoming inspection of aircraft interiors components and list on the Incoming Inspection Form. Take pictures of all interiors areas, including cockpit, cabin, lavatory and baggage compartment, noting any damage.
• Perform general repairs on aircraft interiors and related systems at a proven level beyond basics.
• Removal and installation of panels, headliners and additional components, including, but not limited to panel fabrication and fit.
• Proven sheet metal repair, removal and or installation skills, including fabrications.
• Remove, repair and installation of carpeting, insulation, sound proofing and fabric accessories.
• Perform modifications, repairs and or replacement of components, and associated fastening parts at a level beyond basic, including, bu not limited to fabrications and detailed repairs.
• Use appropriate and proven care, handling methods, transportation and storage of components in order to protect and maintain the integrity and condition of Customer interiors.
• Maintain and protect components and the general area of work within an aircraft in a safe and clean manner so as to protect interior components and surrounding areas, equipment, etc.
• Create, process and maintain R&I-Removal and Installation Logs, including appropriate sign-offs and approvals.
• Capable of receiving an Airman's Certificate and Alternate Inspector approval, with Inspections sign-off authority preferred.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required
Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) preferred
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in Interior installation, removal and repair; strong mechanical aptitude within the Aviation industry; an understanding of Aircraft Interiors and associated components, including repairs and fabrications.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills. Experience in Aviation Maintenance Software programs, with Corridor background preferred.
Other Requirements: Understanding of beyond the basic sheet metal, structural, aviation cabinetry, upholstery, panels and carpet.