Oaklands Global currently have a requirement for a Financial Controller to join a reputable company in based in Farnborough on an interim/ Contract or Contract to Permanent basis.
The main responsibilities of the Financial Controller will be:
· December Month End
· Year End Audit
· General Year End
Additional responsibilities are:
· Annual Budget and periodic Forecasts
· Monthly management accounts
· Monthly and Quarterly reporting packs in line with company and group requirements
· Financial, commercial and project analysis to support the business
· Annual audit files and statutory accounts
· Management and development of Management Accountants to deliver key responsibilities, allocating tasks, objective setting and evaluation of resources to ensure the appropriate cover is always maintained within the team.
· Delivering comprehensive financial management through effective controls, business performance measures and financial planning
· Strong financial accounting skills to oversee monthly balance sheet reconciliation preparation
· Control month-end and year-end close processes
· Management of the audit process, delegating tasks as needed to the team.
· Ensuring that Gama processes and systems enhancements are delivered and spread consistently throughout the business
· Managing the preparation of Corporation tax schedules and VAT returns
· Liaising and working with the Financial Controller UK – Air as needed to ensure effective and timely resolution of any issues across both entities
· Liaising and working with the Treasury Manager UK as needed to ensure effective and timely resolution of issues
· Qualified Accountant – ACA, CIMA, ACCA
· At least 2 years post qualification experience at FC level. It is likely that the individual will currently be in a similar position
· Technically strong, with a high level of financial and management accounting expertise essential
· Fully conversant with UK GAAP, IFRS knowledge desirable
· Experience of strong controls while providing commercial and financial support to a senior management team
· Demonstrable experience of managing and developing a diverse team as well as leadership skills
· Ability to quickly adapt to a complex operating environment and engender confidence through your involvement with department heads, senior management and financial staff
· Confident individual with strong communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines
· Systems proficiency in Excel and general accounting and reporting software
· Exposure to an international environment, high transaction levels and varied sector experience all highly desirable
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to James Townsend in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.