Derichebourg Atis aéronautique has been growing steadily for the past 19 years. By offering quality services based on a deep understanding of the industry and effective risk analysis and mangement, Derichebourg Atis aéronautique has successfully won and maintained the trust of its clients.
Within this position, you must be the interface between the Aircraft Technical Support (ATS) department and customers, oversee the completion of Continuing Airworthiness Management tasks on allocated projects, manage and coordinate projects related to aircraft transactions (recovery, storage, delivery, maintenance work, modifications, etc.).
- Attend various project kick-off and periodic meetings,
- Set up an action plan for each project,
- Set up and follow work schedules and activities,
- Define and manage the human and material resources required for the activity,
- Ensure the administrative management of the Airworthiness Analysts teams,
- Regularly organize progress meetings for each project,
- Ensure project deadlines with respect to deliverables,
- Implement and monitor performance indicators,
- Propose action plans to improve activities,
- Interface between the various project actors (CAMO Manager, Airworthiness Analysts, customer)
- Ensure activities reporting to customers,
- Ensure reporting to ATS CAMO manager
- Supervise the control of the use of tolerances and exceptional authorizations for maintenance operations,
- Coordinate the selection of maintenance organizations with the DAA quality department and the client,
- Supervise the collection of all airworthiness data,
- Supervise the upkeep of technical documentation and aircraft records.
- Advise the team and the client on regulations, malfunctions and activities,
- Participate in the various meetings as provided for in the contracts with the customers,
- Carry out equipment audits on aircraft,
- Supervise the distribution of documents to customers and the archiving of technical files,
- Define and follow the planning according to the services programmed on the project,
- Report to the quality department any non-conformity or deviation,
- Set up, coordinate and monitor the progress of corrective actions.
- Additional support activities as defined by each customer contract
This position is accessible from a Masters degree level I (Airworthiness Engineering) or equivalent experience and with a Professional expertise in a Part M organization, and 3 years’ experience in the position of Airworthiness Analyst or Maintenance Planning Engineer. You need to have project management experience, Human Factors, CDCCL, EWIS training, EASA Part M and Part 145 training, MIS experience (AMASIS preferred.
- You are fluent in English and technical English (spoken, written, read)
- You are willing to travel internationally in order to fulfill your missions