about 1 month ago
Leidos has an opening for an Interdisciplinary Engineer in Richmond, Kentucky to support the Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (ACWA) programs BGCAPP Field Office (FO) providing technical input during the systemization, pilot testing, operations, and closure of the BGCAPP, including the Main Plant and the SDC.
* The Interdisciplinary Engineer will review test plans, data and reports to verify that the demilitarization plant equipment will meet performance requirements. The Interdisciplinary Engineer will provide technical input to the BGCAPP FO regarding systemization efforts, startup, operations and closure.
* The Interdisciplinary Engineer will perform document reviews, technical research, equipment walk downs, interviews, and provide technical input associated with BGCAPP activities to provide the necessary information for the Government to perform their oversight mission. Technical oversight of operational performance, quality assurance, management controls, and emergency response readiness will be necessary.
* This position may be required to perform duties as a shift representative. As a shift representative, the contractor shall provide technical input regarding plant operations including, but not limited to, the following areas: munition processing operations, maintenance activities, toxic entries, surety, security, emergency response, ammunition surveillance, quality assurance, and environmental compliance.
* As a shift representative, the candidate may be required to work a 12 hour rotating shift.
* Requires BS degree in an Engineering Discipline and a minimum of 8+ years experience or a Masters and 6+ years experience. 10+ years' experience pertaining to systemization and operations of a chemical demilitarization facility, or similar industrial plant, may be presented in lieu of an engineering degree.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must pass a National Agency Check. Must be able to wear Government provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as a M40 respirator.
Chemical demilitarization is a preferred qualification.