4 months ago
Integration Test Engineer
Specific Job Description
Successful candidates will be responsible for performing a range of test engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to:
* Assisting with requirements elaboration
* test analysis,
* test design,
* test execution and reporting
In addition to these general test activities, the successful candidate will be required to develop test support tools, simulators and analysis tools to support testing and integration. They will be expected to apply their knowledge of computer systems and test engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring test compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the development lifecycle. Training can be provided to support learning and career development. Successful candidates will be expected to provide input into estimating/planning, to work under limited supervision to develop test solutions to meet customer business/mission problems and contribute towards ensuring that project milestones are met. The position will be full-time within the existing team delivering cutting edge solutions for both customer and Lockheed Martin enterprises. For our senior “Level 3” roles, candidates will have strong technical expertise, and have general knowledge of other related disciplines. Candidates will have experience of developing technical solutions to a wide range of problems under general direction and/or have experience of leading small teams. Our Senior staff will be given the opportunity to mentor others in their field. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to represents the organisation on technical matters and will interact with external personnel on technical matters.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Mission Systems and Training Integrated Systems (MST IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM MST IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of testing within our key competencies of Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Intelligence Analytics or Software & Systems Development.
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience of testing systems developed utilising a number of the following technologies:
* Java, C++
* Enterprise Systems (J2EE)
* Object Oriented Techniques
* Distributed Systems
* Virtual Systems
* Web Technologies
* Internet and IP related technologies
* Embedded systems.
* Experience of developing test support tools or automated scripts using one or more of the following: Java, Unix, Perl, Visual Basic, Python, C++, or other modern language.
* Experience of working in a test capacity in the areas of Cyber Detection, Forensics, COTS Integration and Agile Systems Development.
* Experience of liaising with clients and development team members to elaborate testing scope and needs.
* Proven ability to learn quickly.
* High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
* Keen to develop well rounded test and software engineering skills across a wide range of systems and tools.
* Self starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.