4 months ago
Job ID: 457075BR Date posted: Nov. 06, City: Palmdale State: California
Description:The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple programs on technical and schedule issues with respect to aircraft instrumentation.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, fabrication oversight, installation oversight, integration, and operational support activities for data acquisition.
This includes designing instrumentation acquisition systems, releasing engineering documents, work instructions, supporting airworthiness documentation, monitoring fabrication activities, and supporting aircraft checkout and flight operations. The applicant will be the engineering liaison for flight test and instrumentation modification activities.
The candidate should be familiar with integrating various sensors into a data acquisition system. The position will be responsible for ensuring recorded data is correct.
This position may require travel and odd, weekend or overtime shift work on an as-necessary basis.
Must be a US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this particular position, an active Secret security clearance, with a current background investigation is required to start.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
• The applicant must have experience developing data acquisition systems for air vehicles.
Experience with the following:
- Microsoft Office
- Electronics and electronics troubleshooting techniques and tools, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and/or other common lab test equipment.
• Using various CAD programs such as Catia, Capital, Autocad, etc.
• Using general test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
• Understanding of IRIG 106
• Avionics bus protocols including Mil-Std-1553, ARINC-429, IEEE 1394, Ethernet and Fiber Channel
• GPS and IRIG time standards
• Video protocols and compression
The applicant must have excellent organizational and communications skills.
• Applicant should have knowledge of Systems Engineering practices and concepts.
• Experience with or knowledge of calibration methods for test and evaluation of both mechanical measurements and electronic sensors.
• Skilled in the conversion of digital data sets to engineering units and interpretation of data for validity and error determination.
• Familiarity with military aircraft technical data, maintenance practices, flight operations, military stores and munitions is a plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: Electrical Engineering Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First