2 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Stephenville, N.L., Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
Team: Learning and Development
Position: Instructor, Passenger Operations
Reports to: Manager, Learning and Development
Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Development, the Instructor, Passenger Operations is responsible for the initial and recurrent training of all passenger operations team members in compliance with company policy and procedures, regulatory requirements and computer systems. The role also supports the development of training courses and passenger operations procedures. Passenger operations teams include but are not limited to, Customer Service and Call Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Encourage a proactive safety culture through training
* Understand, demonstrate and role model Porter’s values, while ensuring a commitment to safety and promoting a world-class learning environment
* Assist in developing training lessons for both initial training and recurrent training of passenger operations team members
* Assist in developing training lessons for various passenger operations and regulatory requirements such as Dangerous Goods, Sensitivity and Unruly Passengers
* Administer standardized testing for initial and recurrent training to assess comprehension
* Provide individual coaching and feedback
* Conduct initial and recurrent training (with the exception of outsourced training) of passenger operations team members
* Maintain team member training records
* Develop and improve communication system between operational groups
* Perform periodic checks to assess passenger operations team member compliance with policies and procedures and identify the requirement for supplemental training
* Assist in updating passenger operations manuals with addendums as required
* Assist in developing passenger operations bulletins for procedural changes as required
* Assist in updating training programs
* Participate in the Airports Quality Assurance program
* Provide support to Station Managers in training new materials and procedures
* Conduct training of new and returning team members for station openings and restarts, providing additional support as required
* Coordinate training events including booking flights, hotels and training space as required
* Assist during IROPs and other operational difficulties as required
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply with and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Minimum of 1-year experience in Passenger Operations or equivalent experience
* Training and Adult Facilitation Experience an asset
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time
* Highly motivated and self-directed with a keen attention to detail
* Ability to adapt quickly to new situations, problem solve and affect positive change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Flexibility and availability to work varied hours, including weekends as required
* Able to travel on short notice for up to four (4) weeks
* Able to hold a valid Passport (required for travel)
* Able to hold a valid Restricted Area Identification Card
* Able to hold appropriate work permits for US station training
* High proficiency in Windows-based applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Excellent attendance record
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
* Post Date January 8, 2019
* Reference ID 20-05-42