4 months ago
Instructor, Flight Ops
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date
3 months ago(1/18/2019 7:27 PM)
# of Openings
The Flight Ops Instructor (FOI) is the initial instructor position in Spirit Airlines Flight Operations Instructor Track (FOIT). FOIT is the proven path to becoming a Spirit Airlines A320 First Officer and leader (Flight Instructor/Captain).
* Primary ground instructor for pilot initial new hire basic indoctrination training in the classroom environment.
* Conduct aircraft procedures and systems training events using an A320 Procedure Trainer and Level 4 Flight Training Device respectively.
* Directly involved in a wide array of Flight Operations/Training department programs and projects as assigned.
* Collaborate with FOI team as part of a forum for research, evaluation and implementation of new or revised training systems, policies and procedures.
* Any additional duties or special projects as assigned by Flight Operations Management.
* One (1) year experience as an Instructor (CFI, Ground, Simulator, Evaluator or Examiner) in an accredited university flight training program or an approved part 121, 135 or 142 training program.
* Restricted ATP minimums.
* Preferred four (4) year college degree.
* Must possess the maturity to effectively command the classroom or training event.
* Must have a personal commitment towards student success.
* A two (2) year commitment in the Flight Operations/Training department before becoming a First Officer.
* Must be able to train for and achieve an A320 type rating.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it.*
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other applicable employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a workplace free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation because of age, sex (including pregnancy), race, national origin, disability, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.