5 months ago
Location : US-FL-Orlando
Job ID : 13872
Zip : 32819
Category : Inspection - Inspector
Aerojet Rocketdyne Coleman Aerospace is seeking a Quality Assurance Inspector for its Orlando, FL location.
The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of configuration management and supplier quality. This position requires extensive experience in mechanical and electrical inspection.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
40% - Utilize a variety of inspection instruments and gages to properly evaluate product conformance to customer requirements.
40% - Hardware acceptance and qualification testing.
10% - Communicate nonconformance information that is concise and accurate.
10% - Inspect circuit card and cable assemblies to industry standards.
Approximately 25% travel. Weekend and overtime work may be required.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: -Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred and a minimum of 3 years of overall manufacturing experience (or an equivalent of education and experience) is required.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with hardware acceptance and qualification testing is a must.
* Experience using calipers, scales, micrometers and height gages.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required.
* Knowledge of Industry standard Quality specifications.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, product specifications, test procedures, MIL standards and requirements.
* IPC620 and J-STD-001 certifications required.
* Moderate computer skills are necessary.
* TipQA and CostPoint experience and proficiency desired.
* Training certification(s) from ASQ is desired.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the
interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Software Powered by iCIMS