Oaklands Global is currently recruiting a Supply Chain Specialist on behalf of our reputable leading Aerospace client based in the Gatwick Area
The purpose of the role is to be positioned within the Supply Chain Team fulfilling operational demands from our airline customers.
The Supply Chain Specialist will also ensure all aspects of Materials, Procurement and Inventory Management are efficiently and effectively processed within the pre-determined parameters laid down by the Operations Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Specialist are;
· To act as a focal & to provide the continuity for specific airlines & Program Managers within your assigned portfolio.
· To act as the focal point for all scheduled maintenance requests associated with your airline portfolio ensuring these demands are timely raised & sources of supply are identified. Highlight any potential shortfalls and working on the solution with the supplier and airline. Provide a weekly update to the operational team, when the various checks and modifications are taking place, ensuring that shipping routes are pre-empted in the event we have not provided to the new facility.
· To be aware an assist as and when required with the airline daily operational demands process, assist in the fulfilment of customer requests.
· To assist with any customer backlogs either system or operational, ensuring customer delays are kept to a minimum, whilst maintaining excellent communication with the customer, informing of potential alternative solutions & disruptions of supply.
· Once the demand has been fulfilled by either an internal or external solution follow the demand through until shipping information has been provided by the freight forwarder, & in turn communicate the latest updates to the Airline.
· Ability to identify at an early stage, potential problems and risks, evaluate and anticipate implications and be proactive with all concerned parties in developing and defining contingency/recovery plans and actions.
· Responsible for maintaining your own personnel training and development, ensuring all mandatory courses are read and completed within My Connections in respect to company procedures and policy, and in turn adhered to.
· The exploration of potential market source for new suppliers that could improve effectiveness, increase profitability or enable the company to embark in a wider range of activities should this be advantageous.
· Ensure that all components float levels accurately reflect the operational requirement by producing a statistical analysis so that any surplus or shortfall can be highlighted and rectified. Also ensure all re order levels, minimum order quantities etc are set for ultimate efficiency on all items to prevent over stocking and stock out at all warehouses.
· Establish and maintain a high quality of service to internal and external stakeholders.
This is an exciting position that won’t be around for long and so apply today!
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to James Townsend in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.