6 months ago
Information Security Engineer
Req #: 218929
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
CACI is seeking a cleared Information Security Engineer at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD to support C2S3!
What You'll Get To Do:
* Responsible for the development of security artifacts and/or standards and policies across multiple IT platforms, including: Mainframe, Client Server, and Web-based systems
* Ensure all policies reflect current standards in place including FISMA and other industry standards
* Provide ongoing gap analysis of current policies, practices, and procedures as they relate to established guidelines outlined by NIST, OMB, FISMA, etc.
* Analyze, develop, implement, integrate, and maintain Cybersecurity initiatives
* Conduct security analysis, assessments, reviews, and testing during system life-cycle
* Conduct ACAS/Nessus Scans, IAVA compliance, monthly patch management, and other assigned duties as required
* Deliver monthly and quarterly security patches to product suites
* Audit current and future systems and implement the right security strategy
* Monitor hardware and software for any suspicious behavior or traffic
* Apply best practices for security and information assurance based on business and user requirements
* Implement and enforce all DoD Information Security cybersecurity policies and procedures, as defined by cybersecurity-related documentation.
More About the Role:
* The SEC C3T Directorates mission is to serve as the software technical lead in the evaluation, insertion, and integration of emerging software technology focused on the Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Sensors and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) domain with an emphasis on Command and Control (C2); the current and future Army Battle Command System (ABCS); and enabling strategic and tactical systems.
* In addition, SEC C3T is responsible for supporting PEO C3T and PM MC in ensuring the software has been correctly developed, documented, and is supportable during post deployment. Software suitability and supportability are paramount responsibilities of SEC C3T.
* Within the SEC C3T Directorate Mission Command Division (MCD), the Development Branch is responsible for providing system and software engineering support to command and control (C2) systems, common operational picture (COP), real-time situational awareness, and the enabling infrastructure for PM MC Systems.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Secret clearance.
* Knowledge of IT security architecture and design (firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Virtual Private Networking, and virus/malware protection technologies - behavioral based a plus).
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and general internetworking technologies. Hands-on experience a plus.
* Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems. Hands-on experience a plus.
* Possesses an understanding of capabilities associated with security monitoring products across all IT platforms.
* Must be Information Assurance (IA) Trained and Certified per the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement IAW DoD 8570.1-M, Change 2, and the Army Information Assurance (IA) Training and Certification Best Business Practice, corrected 6 Aug 2010.
* A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or other Engineering or Technical discipline with an Information Security or Cyber Security Concentration (additional 7 years of experience can substitute for the degree provided the person has BOTH the relevant experience AND is fully Information Assurance (IA) certified in accordance with AR 25-2, Information Assurance, and the associated best business practice for IA Training and certification (IA Training BBP).
* Minimum five years of experience as an Information Security Engineer within the last ten years.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Advanced Degree with concentration in Information Security or Cyber Security preferred
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.