7 months ago
Get to know us:
Our people are at the core of our business. We have the best talent doing the best work of their lives with meaning. We know their continuous focus on the guest experience is what sets us apart in our vision to be the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
Get to know the role:
Do you have experience in infrastructure/server/desktop support and are looking to make the move into the information security field? We have an entry-level information security role that would suit someone with solid experience in IT systems administration who is looking to transition to an information security role. This is a very rare opportunity to join a small but highly skilled information security team responsible for protecting nationally critical infrastructure.
As an Information Security Analyst, you will consult with all areas of the Virgin Australia Group on information security matters. Your key responsibilities will include:
* Daily systems checks, maintenance and tuning of various information security systems;
* Level 1 incident response to anomalous events across Group systems and networks;
* Monitoring endpoint and network systems, including cloud assets and SIEM deployments; and
* Contributing to information security initiatives including project work, internal consulting, secure system design and introduction of new security controls across a variety of services, systems and applications.
Your technical skills will continually expand as you work to stay up to date on the latest methods attackers are using to infiltrate corporate networks, and how to effectively detect and respond to these threats. There is no requirement for applicants to have a strong security background – all relevant training and support will be provided, but successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their interest in the field.
Let’s get to know you:
We are much more interested in your attitude and work ethic than we are in your current knowledge of information security. Successfully candidates will be able to demonstrate:
* Working knowledge & troubleshooting experience across servers and/or desktops and laptops in a corporate environment;
* A strong work ethic, high integrity and a drive to improve, adapt and succeed;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Solid analytical skills and troubleshooting capability;
* Ability to approach problems methodically, intelligently and systematically;
* Demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks;
* Positive attitude and collaborative approach to team work.
In a fast-paced environment where every day is different, your flexibility, independence; resilience and ability to prioritise is key to your success.
What you’ll get from us
Working as part of the Information Security Team for Virgin Australia Group has many benefits, including:
* Fast-tracked career development in information security with strong support from an experienced team.
* Supportive training environment including specialist courses, conferences and travel opportunities.
* Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
* The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
* See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
* Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on.
* Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs. We also offer discounted Corporate Health Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle
Are you ready and willing to make the change from IT and move into a career in the information security field? We are not looking for an information security rockstar – we are looking for a dependable, motivated IT professional who’s ready to take their career to the next level. If this sounds like you, don’t let this unique opportunity slip away and apply today.