4 months ago
Info Assurance Engineer
Job ID: 464265BR Date posted: Jan. 15, City: China Lake State: CaliforniaProgram: NAVAIR Cyber Security Support Services
Description:This position is for an Information Assurance (IA) Professional in the Rotary & Mission Systems Technical Operations organization, located in Point Mugu or China Lake, Ca.
Specifically, this IA role will be a Navy Qualified Validator responsible for conducting validation procedures to confirm or establish by testing, evaluating, examining, investigating, or competent evidence that the Information System (IS) assigned IA Controls (IACs) are implemented correctly and are effective in their application. The Validator is responsible for providing the Certification Authority (CA) with an accurate technical evaluation of the application, system, or network, documenting the security posture, capabilities and vulnerabilities against relevant IACs and drafting a certification determination (CD). The Navy Validator provides an independent, third party validation of the correct implementation of applicable IACs, analyzes the test results and provides the risk assessment to the Navy CA for review and approval.
• Must have a minimum of a DoD 8570.01M IAM Level 1 certification (i.e., CAP, GSLC, Security+, etc…), more advanced certifications preferred
• 4-year degree from accredited college or university
• Completed the Navy Certifier Course (or equivalent)
• 2-5 years of practical experience in an Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, or a Certification and Accreditation related field, US Navy RMF application preferred
• Average to above-average familiarity and understanding of Navy IT sites, systems and infrastructure
• Applies Navy A&A guidance to Navy A&A efforts
• Ability to obtain top secret clearance
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience interfacing with customers.
• Demonstrated ability to own the process and move forward with minimal direction.
• Experience working with DoD systems and architectures.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Information Security/Information Assurance Clearance Level: Top Secret Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First