We are looking for an experienced Industrial Mechanic who will be hands-on in the manufacture of Lilium’s revolutionary product.
In this position you will report directly to the Production Team Leaders from different departments focused on producing and assembling systems of the Lilium Jet. As a Industrial Mechanic, you will be working directly in the manufacturing environment and assemble various components of our Aircraft, Propulsion, and Battery systems. You will play a crucial role in Design-for-Make, in which your feedback will drive design improvements with the support from the Manufacturing Engineering team. You will engage in the production of new designs, installation of modules on to the Lilium Jet, and rapid prototyping of new designs. You will take ownership for your work areas and build a well-controlled, lean production environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, integrated production.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Work in a self-directed, flexible team of mechanics and electricians
- Responsible for delivery and quality in all stages of the assembly process
- Follow work instructions and program plans
- Assemble multiple types of subsystems across the Lilium Jet product space, ranging from combining electrical and structural components to working with composites
- Troubleshoot and provide feedback of errors to the corresponding teams
- Participate in root cause analyses and problem-solving workouts
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes, equipment & tooling, and repair solutions
- Improve manufacturing standards and process requirementswith Manufacturing and Design Engineering
- Support digital improvements and innovations while working with manufacturing execution systems
- Execute and build a rigorous attention to Lean principles and tool control
- Assist technology acquisition and new factory installation & commissioning by providing key lessons learned from manual assembly processes
- Educational background as production mechanic or technican required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacture and/or repair of electrical and mechanical components with small components
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, ply books, repair SOPs
- Experience with operating and maintaining a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
- Target-oriented work approach with analytic problem-solving skills required
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Experience operating high volume production machinery preferred
- Experience in a lean production environment with exposure to electronics is a plus
- Fluent English required, German language is a plus