about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10971
Location: US - Connecticut - Wallingford
Functional Area: Facilities
Division: EMG - Specialty Metals
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Technical Degree
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work: 40
Travel Percentage: 5
A multi-disciplined technician experienced with industrial electrical and mechanical systems. This will be a key member of the team responsible for the repair and maintenance of manufacturing, support and facility equipment to ensure safe, reliable operation. Additionally, the candidate will be involved in breakdown analysis, continuous improvement and special equipment projects as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performing preventative maintenance on mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems of the production equipment and physical plant
• Troubleshooting and repair equipment failures. Use skills and experience to assist in root cause identification and development of corrective countermeasures.
• Assists in special projects such as continuous improvement efforts and equipment upgrades.
• Maintain and promote a safe and professional work environment. Follow and enforce all company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Have a working knowledge of electric motors, sensors, AC/DC power, and control systems.
• Demonstrate methodical approach to troubleshooting and excellent analytical skills
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and ladder logic diagrams
• Must be available to work weekends and after hours when needed.
• Knowledgeable of applicable safety requirements, codes and ‘best practices’.
• Desired Skills
o Experience with rolling mills and natural gas burners and furnaces
o Experience with mechanical and hydraulic systems
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
5-15 years’ relevant experience with formal training in electrical or electronic equipment. Associated degree or certification desired
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., kneel, stoop, climb ladders and stairs, stand for continuous periods of time, and work inside a non-climate-controlled production environment
Non-climate controlled manufacturing floor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.