28 days ago
* 07-Aug-2019 to 11-Oct-2019 (CST)
* Mobile, AL, USA
* Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Shop Floor Optimization
Industrial System Transformation / Transfer of work management
Project Portfolio Mgt. incl. Hoshin Kanri application
* Develop a perfect AVL2 plan for the FAL USA, according our build process
* Leading the project team and ensuring project execution On-Time/On-Quality/On-Cost
* Establishing the project schedule and control of the project
* Definition & Management of the industrial set-up
* Management of project resources within the company's matrix organization
* Control and reporting of the project status to customers and to the internal organization
* Management of Risks & Opportunities/Changes and claims
* Proposal management tasks including preparation of winning proposals in answer to customer request
* establishment of proposal documents with the proposal team, establishment of the cost calculation as well as presentation & negotiation with customers
* Responsible for internal and external customer contact
* Leading projects in the FAL Mobile in collaboration with the Industrial Engineering department in Europe.
* Drives improvement in the FAL with the PPS team.
* Preserve a high standard of technical knowledge among the workforce in a context of mobility, turn over and integration of new operators.
* Ensure fulfillment of legal and airworthiness requirements to ensure Operation, such as demonstration of compliance for the maintenance of the POA.
* Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials and information
* Help production and support functions to increase productivity.
* Optimize methods of business organization.
* Study product requirements and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements.
* Develop management control systems.
* Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
* Assist in financial planning and cost analysis.
* Design production planning and control systems.
* Design methods to ensure product quality.
* Resolve production problems.
* Evaluate effects of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
* Estimate production costs.
* Create sampling procedures and designs.
* Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment.
* Study and rearrange org charts, material flow, and operations sequence.
* Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
* Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production standards
Work with our local Airbus Operating System (AOS) Personnel to help solidify our line balancing operation and support for the shop floor.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements (Skills needed):
* 8 years of experience in manufacturing or assembly environment
* Knowledge of basic Production and Quality rules in aviation
* Solid experience in Project Management
* Ability to moderate technical decisions based on solution analysis and risk evaluation
* Experience in working in an intercultural environment would be an advantage
* Strong communication skills
* Advanced knowledge in Office tools
Education/Special Qualifications (schooling, certifications):
* A Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or a relevant field
* PMP License or equal would be an advantage
* Experience in using LBIP+ methodology would be a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Demands (for ex. Lifting, working in heights):
Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens.
Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment.
Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg while engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 20lbs/9kg.
Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at the computer and in meetings.
Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time.
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
Travel: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.