2 months ago
Portsmouth, VA US
CACI is seeking Industrial Engineers to work as part of an integrated team developing the future state infrastructure needs for a large Naval installation. This team will perform work flow analysis, time and motion studies, data analysis, facility layout and design, and develop implementation strategies that will be an integral part in shaping the way Naval ship maintenance is performed in the future.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Assist in planning new facilities, operations and/or relocation of same.
* Assist with planning for equipment layouts, workflow, and safety precautions in an industrial environment.
* Participate in problem solving activities to improve efficiency of operations.
* Perform capacity and layout analysis on manufacturing equipment.
* Optimize use of floor space, materials, personnel and equipment.
* Support project management for capital equipment acquisition, prepare cost estimates, timelines, and budgets for proposed projects.
* Utilize value stream mapping, process flow and other Lean Manufacturing tools.
* Analyze existing operations and propose cost justified improvements.
* Provide information for various management systems.
* Develop, track and report metrics to identify and remove process flow bottlenecks.
* Support capital expenditure justification analysis and project budget tracking.
* Support and coordinate with customer in preparation of documentation as required.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
* Minimum of 6-8 years related experience.
* Good project management, communication, and training skills
* Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
* Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD software, specifically AutoCAD.
* Ability to analyze data and processes as well as use problem solving methods to identify root causes and find best solutions
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team member in a demanding industrial environment.
* Ability to communicate with customers at all levels of the organization in a professional, effective manner.
* Active security clearance.
* Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
* Knowledge or experience working in a Naval or Shipyard environment.
* Knowledge or experience working in a large industrial environment.
* Experience in the planning and design of new facilities with the intent of reducing waste.
* Training, experience, and/or certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Shingo, or Theory of Constraints.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.