Performs overhaul, repair and testing of rotor craft hydraulic components and component parts; fabricates and installs hydraulic tubing and hoses, services hydraulic systems. Please note, all work performed will be at a bench in the Hydraulics Shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read and interprets maintenance manuals, or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned task.
• Cleans and inspects hydraulic systems, components and component parts for damage and wear using visual examination and special tooling equipment.
• Replaces or repairs damaged or worn hydraulic components, component parts, fabricates and installs hydraulic lines and hoses using general hand tools, special tools, pneumatic tools and precision measuring equipment. Assembles components with same tools and equipment.
• Utilizes special tools and/or equipment, performs tests, and/or checks as required to confirm hydraulic component or aircraft hydraulic system serviceability.
• Documents all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records.
• Support shop continuous improvement activities as directed.
• Follow shop standard work procedures for clean-up and equipment preventative maintenance.
• Performs work that meets or exceeds acceptable standards.
• Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
• Ensures all work is properly documented and meets established standards.
• Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent required; further education or advance instruction relative to technical field is desirable
• Requires 3+ years’ mechanical experience and a strong aptitude for acquiring new mechanical skills and knowledge
• Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license preferred
• Experience in aircraft hydraulics systems and/or hydraulic component (or similar component) maintenance preferred
• Documented military or commercial aircraft maintenance and/or component maintenance training preferred
• Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
• Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks; general mechanic hand tools and appropriate tool box are required
• Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
• Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment preferred
• Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
Looking for Aircraft Technician jobs in UK?
Browse hundreds of latest Aircraft Technician vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top aviation job sites. Aviation Job Search prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Aircraft Technician careers in UK.
Click below link to browse other Aircraft Technician opportunities in UK:
View all Aircraft Technician Jobs
If you're an employer looking for Aircraft Technician recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the link below:
Hire Aircraft Technician Now