2 months ago
Human Spaceflight Flight Software Process Engineer
Houston, TX US
CACI is looking for a Software Process Engineer with strong software engineering, process improvement, and project management experience to work with us at NASA / Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston, TX. The selected engineer will work with engineering teams at JSC on a variety of new human spaceflight initiatives including NASA’s return to the Moon, e.g., the Artemis Program (the former Gateway Lunar Platform), Lunar Lander, etc. The work includes collecting and analyzing project measurements, improving software development processes, and assuring project teams comply with software standards.
CACI supports the JSC Engineering Directorate across a broad range of space vehicle systems and software technologies with the highest level of technical skills. The successful candidate will have a strong background in flight/embedded software engineering in the development of human-rated space vehicle avionics and subsystem software, a great interest in aerospace vehicles and systems, strong interpersonal skills, a desire to work in a very team-oriented environment, have had an outstanding academic career, and most of all, possess a great passion to contribute to our Nation's exploration of space. This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise, and be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner. The individual must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program and share in the excitement of developing the next generation of human-rated spacecraft.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Software Process Automation and Infrastructure
* Streamline, automate, and document processes (Project Management, Software Development / Test, Configuration Management, Requirements Management, and Quality Management) using Windows MS Office and MS Sharepoint.
* Incorporate metrics collection (cost, progress, and process improvement), analysis, and reporting within process workflows.
* Consult with project management and development team on content and use of project websites.
* Software Process Improvement and Compliance
* Assess existing waterfall and agile software processes against NASA’s NPR 7150.2 and Software Engineering Institute Capability Maturity Model Integrated (SEI CMMI) standards.
* Lead process improvement efforts to address standards gaps and improve quality and performance by working with domain experts, team members, and sponsors.
* Coach software projects on how to comply with NASA Software Management standards.
* Participate in JSC center-wide and JSC Engineering Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG).
* Collaborate with engineering teams and contractors across multiple NASA programs and projects.
* Ensure adherence to JSC standard software process practices.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident for access to USG facilities.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical / Computer Engineering or related disciplines with strong software background.
* Experience developing real-time embedded software or performing software process engineering on real-time embedded software projects. Must have at least two (2) years project management experience.
* Must have a thorough understanding of CMMI for Development and its application to large and small software projects.
* Must have at least two (2) years of experience with process change efforts.
* Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic.
* Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
* Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering or related disciplines.
* Experience in test-driven development and agile development methodologies.
* Experience in full life cycle of human-rated flight projects.
* Experience on CMMI SCAMPI Teams.
* Thorough understanding of NASA’s NPR 7150.2 for Development and its application to large and small software projects.
* Experience in maintaining project repositories and data, and communicating project knowledge via custom websites and MS Sharepoint.
* At least two (2) years of experience leading a software development team.
* At least two (2) years of experience automating processes via MS-Office.
* Experience in human-rated space vehicle software.Experience in hardware/software integration and test in avionics test bed and flight certification environments
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.