about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10737
Location: US - New Jersey - Wayne
Functional Area: Human Resources
Division: MMA - Materials Analysis Division
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2015 sales of $ 4 billion.
AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
AMETEK is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME) and a recent addition to the S&P 500. We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture. AMETEK Vision Research provides a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and 401(k) with company match. We have a casual work environment. AMETEK Vision Research is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Position Title - Human Resources Generalist
The successful candidate will be responsible for Payroll support and HR generalist support to the Vision Research Business Unit.
Reports to the Global Manager – Human Resources
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Process the weekly and bi-weekly payrolls
• Enter all payroll and employee benefit changes for new hires and current employees using ADP Enterprise Version 5.
• Maintain Employee Records to include: Personnel files, Training records, Medical files.
• Administration and processing for FMLA, NJFLA, STD, LTD, and Workers Comp (OSHA) programs
• Conduct new hire orientation meetings with newly hired employees of the division.
• Administer HR programs including tuition reimbursement, fitness club, Service Award Program etc.
• Ensure compliance with regulations for FMLA, EEO, Affirmative Action and NJFLA
• Assist business unit HR Manager as needed with salary surveys, HR reports using Excel and Word, and other HR related matters as required.
• Act as liaison between business unit and Corp. Fleet Manager to maintain the leased car program for eligible employees.
• Handle benefits administration including open enrollment
• Participate in onsite Safety Committee
• Assist with organization of company sponsored events, meetings, celebrations, etc.
• Maintain positive employee relations
• Recruiting for exempt and non-exempt positions to include: posting, resume review, interviewing, etc.
• Maintain compliance with AMETEK policies
• Managing office supplies stock and placing orders
• Additional responsibilities as required.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• BS in Human Resources, Business Administration or related Field
• Five years’ experience in HR generalist activities and Payroll Processing
• Knowledge of payroll taxes, 401k plans, benefits administration & wage/hour laws, EEO Regulations and Affirmative Action
• Experience in ADP Enterprise and Report Smith
• Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills. Proficiency in Spanish would be a Plus.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to details
• Strong proficiency with office productivity applications (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Word, Adobe)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.