3 months ago
Human Fctrs Design Engr Sr
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
* Reporting at least weekly, to the functional Lead of HF
* Review designs for products and associated support equipment from HF requirements perspective
* The development of HF acceptable risk to the project
* Conduct HF workshops with customers including MoD user community to produce design decisions
* Technical report writing of the HF workshops and assessments carried out
* Producing HF requirements to reflect the Def-Stan 00-250, ISO standards and customer requirements to the design teams and sub-contractors and a definition and statement of work
* Monitoring of sub-contractor delivery against requirements and statement of work
* Evaluate the interrelationship of HF requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program
* Conduct HF trials on projects
* Producing HF test schedule, procedure and reports for HF trials
* Conduct HF CAD assessments with manikins of project designs
* Conduct HF assessments of related Environmental, Safety and Maintainability areas
* Development of documents to quality and time as driven by schedule and programme needs
* Presentation of analysis, conclusions, status to design forums
* Review of design and requirement documentation for HF influence
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Developing Task Analysis data in design outputs, including Human Error and workload analysis
* Knowledge of key HF environmental areas of Noise, Vibration, Lighting, Thermal and CBRN
* Knowledge of developing HCI for complex systems
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience in Pro-engineer and JACK or related CAD tool and Human Factors Anthropometric Manikins
* Knowledge of DOORS and Task Architect
* Working knowledge of some the sister disciplines within LMUK Ampthill Specialty Engineering of Maintainability, Reliability, Safety, Supportability, Training, Security and Technical Publications
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.