10 months ago
Crane Aerospace & Electronics combines the experience of long-time industry leaders to supply critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. Our products are found in some of the most demanding environments, from engines to landing gear, from satellites to medical implants, and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
The Aerospace Group designs, manufactures and supports critical aircraft systems and components, offering innovative solutions for Sensing & Utilities, Landing Systems, Fluid Management, and Cabin. Virtually all commercial and military aircraft fly with products manufactured by the Aerospace Group.
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
We have a unique and exciting career opportunity for an HR Business Partner at our Burbank, CA facility.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) serves as the HR point of contact and first line support for all Human Resources functions within defined client group. The HRBP is responsible for administering corporate policies and procedures as they relate to core HR services, processes and programs, as well as facilitate training, salary administration, performance management, and career development.
Essential Job Functions:
* Consulting with assigned business units and corporate HR teams to resolve challenges and develop HR-based solutions to tactical business problems, as well as identify and resolve sensitive situations/issues relating to core HR processes and practices.
* Develop new programs to address, evaluate, and accommodate special challenges relative to various HR programs and processes including employee retention, employee relations, as well as conduct needs assessments and analyses to identify performance challenges.
* The HR Business Partner will ensure that compliance and HR practices are consistent with business objectives, internal standards and regulatory requirements.
* Partner with the HR Director and client group leadership to drive excellence through the organization, develop intellectual capital, and achieve organizational goals.
* Interpret and counsel others on policies, procedures and programs relating to the human resources activity of the company.
* Drive the recruitment process for the assigned client base, facilitate systems and procedures including recruitment strategies and selection processes; notify affirmative action recruitment sources of all job openings and track AAP and EEO information. Facilitate interviewing, including conducting interviews, background checks, and offer proposals. Answer inquiries concerning employment opportunities and drive expatriate processes and issues.
* Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high-level of employee morale; Consistently maintain favorable and effective relations among employees; accountable for motivating and stimulating supervisors and managers to ensure consistent, equal, and fair treatment of employees.
* Work with line managers and employees to address and resolve all types of employee relations issues, ensuring balance in representing all parties interests.
* Drive education, application, and issues surrounding the Anti-Harassment and Anti-Discrimination Policy Guidelines.
* Prepare monthly and weekly reports in a timely manner.
* Experience: 5+ years experience in General Human Resources activities, recruiting experience preferred
* Knowledge: Strong working knowledge of HR processes and practices with emphasis in employee retention, employee relations, needs assessments, and recognition/rewards
* Skills: Ability to work independently and interact with all levels of management; Outstanding analytical and decision-making skills; Ability to translate client business plans and goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results; Superior communication skills (verbal & written) with a demonstrated ability to influence and earn credibility and trust; Ability to diagnose problems and identify & implement appropriate solutions; Ability to facilitate large or small group meetings and manage conflict resolution; Ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization and within the general HR community; Strong ability to multi-task, take initiative, negotiate, and influence thinking and change within the organization; Excellent customer service skills; Strong leadership skills; Proficient knowledge of standard office equipment, PC skills, and Microsoft Office Products
* Education/Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related fields. PHR or SPHR certification is preferred
* Ability to speak fluent Spanish highly desired.
Special Work Conditions:
* Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.