Chevron Technical Services has an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to be based at our Prestwick hangar.
You will be tasked with overseeing the delivery of people management to support the company’s strategic aims. Providing expert advice and support on all HR matters.
Duties will include:
· Plan, develop and implement strategy and polices for HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline grievance, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, performance appraisals and quality management issues)
· Monitor measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
· Provide support including drafting letters, taking notes, collating paperwork and review plans to put in place
· Absence management, ensuring all absences are tracked and recorded: sickness, maternity, paternity, adoption leave, compassionate leave, time off for dependants, jury service.
· Reviewing and monitoring absence levels and identifying patterns of sickness/late
· Liaise with other functional/departmental managers as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, company policies, purposes and achievements
· Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring aspects of HR development
· Occupational health referrals, GP referrals, providing advice and guidance on reasonable adjustments identified through fit notes, occupational health reports and GP reports.
· Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations environmental policies and general duty of care
· Work in close partnership with senior management to prepare and implement HR strategy
· Support managers on all recruitment matters
· Advise managers and provide guidance on HR policy structure
· Manage personnel files to ensure they are kept up to date
· Apprentices, organising SVQ 3 Assessor and liaising with the college
· Organising and identifying training needs for line managers using ACAS
· Providing guidance and advice to management on probationary periods ensuring that they are closed off and all necessary paperwork is completed
· Qualified CIPD Level 5 or greater
· Proven HR experience on a strategic and operational level
· Current knowledge of Employment Law
· Experienced in developing new HR policies
· Implementing and managing performance appraisals
· Preferred experience in working in an industry that uses contract labour
· Excellent IT skills and must be competent user of Microsoft office suites.
There will be an element of travelling required from the head office to various bases throughout the UK.
Candidates who have the relevant experience will be considered for interview