8 months ago
The part you’ll play
To deliver an efficient and effective generalist HR service within the HR Department and to the customers of the service.
* Support Senior HR team in providing advice, support and training to the management team in all aspects of HR including employment law, equal opportunities and other associated legislation.
* Support Senior HR team in developing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure productive employee relations are consistently maintained in accordance with legislation and best practice.
* Provide case management advice to HR Managers with regards to managing long and short term sickness cases.
* Partner operational management to effectively manage sickness and absence.
* Ensure all Occupational Health referrals follow the correct procedure and keep the management team updated with progress.
* Ensure all HR Processes are implemented, managed and updated, suggesting improvements where necessary.
* Assist in updating Company Handbooks.
* Update pay scales in line with pay awards.
* Give line managers advice on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
* Ensure all HR files and HR training records are maintained and updated.
* Deliver HR Workshop training sessions.
* Note take and provide advice during disciplinaries, grievances and appeals procedures.
* Ensure all letter templates are updated and maintained in line with Company branding and current legislation.
* Build constructive relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues across the HR team.
* Contribute to performance monitoring and the implementation of HR best practice measures.
* Contribute to project work delivery within the department by taking part in, or leading project teams.
* Assist with monthly HR reports to Senior HR team.
* To undertake project and ad-hoc duties relevant to the role.
What you’ll need to bring:
* CIPD level 3 certificate or working towards.
* Minimum of 2 year’s experience within an HR role.
* Good understanding of employment law and using it in practice.
* Ability to build constructive relationships with internal and external customers and with colleagues across the HR and Administration Departments.
* Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with management at all levels.
* Competent and have the ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
* Thorough and proactive with the ability to deal with matters in an efficient and methodical process.
* Results orientated with good interpersonal skills.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button