My global client is based in Old Street, London and is seeking an Operations Controller on a contract basis, to ensure that events affecting their clients' communications systems are detected, diagnosed and dispatched to the appropriate support teams in a timely manner so these systems can be returned to service at the earliest opportunity
The individuals' responsibility will include ensuring incidents are distributed to the correct technical teams in a timely fashion
The role will require significant interaction within the company, certification services, AERO systems, Support Desk and suppliers to ensure the delivery of the specified in-service support.
This support shall ensure it is in line with the contractual obligations made to customers regarding service availability and end user support
- Real time Network Monitoring
- Recording network incidents from events, emails and phone calls
- Recording aircraft incidents from events, emails and phone calls
- Daily network housekeeping tasks.
- Daily/ Weekly/monthly checks allocating incidents to specialist support groups when needed
- Analysing for correct prioritisation
- Provide ownership of incidents, monitoring and tracking progress towards closure
- Communication of incidents and progress to the relevant key stake holders
- Incident escalation as necessary
- Follow the necessary processes/procedures
- Contribute to proactively improve service systems and support
- Contribute to create efficient operational and technical processes/procedures
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in working in an operational environment
- Experience or knowledge of Incident Management, ITIL, ITSM
- Knowledge of ticketing systems (Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Basic understanding of Digital Communications Networks: protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, routing, etc.) and architecture (routers, switches, firewall, etc.)
- Exposure to monitoring tools (HP NNM, Netcool, Solarwinds)
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Satellite communications / telecommunications /IP Networks working technical experience
- VSAT knowledge
- Aviation Experience
- Knowledge of databases
- Experience with Inmarsat systems/services
- Linux familiarisation
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages
- Experience with mobile network and user terminals
- Good PC skills with knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, Database programs and Web based systems.
- Initially a 6-month contract role (possible extension)
- Monday to Friday, day shift
- Day rate: £120-£150 Ltd Company.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.