FPS Aviation, on behalf of our UK client have a permanent position available for a Helicopter Simulator Instructor.
About the role
We’re looking to recruit a qualified Merlin Helicopter Pilot to join our client within their Military Aviation Training Sector as a Helicopter Simulator Instructor. They have unrivalled knowledge of military flying training and have prepared thousands of students for over 70 years to ensure that aircrew are always mission-ready.
You’ll be part of a team within the Merlin Training Facility (MTF) at Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS) Culdrose, Cornwall. This is one of the most advanced helicopter training facilities in the world using state-of-the-art technology, trainees undergo computer based training simulation to enable the flying practice and the study of aircraft systems such as communications, navigation and radar, without having to leave the ground.
Using your experience as a Merlin Helicopter Pilot, you will carry out instruction to the trainees using computer-based simulation. This will involve a pre-brief before the flight and de-brief after.
As well as being part of a team that ensure the world’s best aircrew trainees receive the world’s best flying training, we’ll also provide you with all the training, support and benefits that you’d expect from a global company.
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need to be a qualified Merlin Helicopter Pilot with a minimum of 500 flight hours and be able to provide effective instruction in a classroom and simulated environment.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
• Instructor category of A2/A1 Grade or have achieved the Defence Instructional Techniques (DIT) Qualification or hold the ‘Defence Train The Trainer’ Qualification.
• Knowledge of the Merlin Mk2 aircraft and ability to exercise direct airworthiness responsibility.
• Must have, or be able to obtain, SC security clearance
What else do I need to know?
• You will based at Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS) Culdrose in Cornwall.
• Competitive Salary with excellent benefits.
• 38 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8:00 to 16:30 and Fridays 8:00 to 14:00.