EMS Air Medical Aircraft: EC130B4
Off-Duty Housing Available and $15,000 Sign-on Bonus
AIR METHODS: GO ABOVE AND BEYOND HERE! Be a part of something bigger and join a growing and high-performing team that shares your passion for making a difference. As leaders in the industry, we welcome exceptional pilots to partner with us in serving communities nationwide with top-tier air medical transport resources. Elevate your career with a supportive 7 days on/7 days off (12-hour shifts) work-life balance, where your safety and well-being are paramount, and your contribution truly matters in making a lasting impact on the lives we care for year-round.
What Griffin, GA offers: Close proximity to Atlanta in a budget-friendly community, Griffin City Park, High Falls State Park with a waterfall attraction, hiking trails, fishing and boating, Indian Springs State Park for its crystal clear spring water, a 30 minute drive from the Walking Dead filming backlot and Candler Field Museum for vintage aviation history. This is a close-knit Air Life GA team that never hesitates on supporting one another, or on the extra effort made, but truly stands out for the special work they have accomplished together in this 25-year program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Operates Air Methods' aircraft in a safe and legal manner.
• Completes pre-flight before every flight verifying the aircraft is in airworthy condition by sign-off of the Daily Flight Log. Performs a complete walk-around of the aircraft prior to entering the cockpit for flight and upon completion of each flight.
• Ensures aircraft and weather conditions are airworthy to transport medical crew and patient to receiving hospital within an assigned operational area. Responsible for compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), General Operations Manual guidelines (GOM), and thorough knowledge of Air Methods policies and procedures.
• Pilots must have flown in category for a commercial operator, or in the military, within the previous 24 months
• Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public. Strives to maintain a friendly and professional working environment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Commercial & Instrument Rating (for category and class of aircraft);
• ATP rating in category also meets the above requirement.
• First or Second-Class FAA Medical certificate required.
Visual Flight Rules (VFR) Program:
• 2000 total flight hours with minimum of 1500 flight hours in category
• 1000 hours PIC in category
• 500 hours of rotor wing turbine time
• 200 hours of cross-country flight time, at least 50 hours of which were at night
• 100 hours unaided night as PIC (50 hours of unaided can be substituted for by 100 hours of NVG time, but cannot be reduced below 50 hours of unaided time)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Operation and Safety Requirements: As a member of the Flight Crew, any person employed in this position shall maintain a weight not to exceed 250 pounds and shall be less than seventy (70) years old.
Education & Experience
• Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, plus two to five years’ related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience);
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Looking for Helicopter Pilot jobs in UK?
Browse hundreds of latest Helicopter Pilot vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top aviation job sites. Aviation Job Search prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Helicopter Pilot careers in UK.
Click below link to browse other Helicopter Pilot opportunities in UK:
View all Helicopter Pilot Jobs
If you're an employer looking for Helicopter Pilot recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the link below:
Hire Helicopter Pilot Now