Responsible for performing maintenance, repairs, inspections, and alterations of Company operated aircraft and articles as assigned in accordance with Air Methods’ policies and procedures. Ensures company operational goals and objectives are met, while guaranteeing all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Performs inspections and repairs of aircraft and components in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations
• Upon installation or removal of any component or assembly, the Mechanic shall verify by physical inspection or markings on the part that the part number and serial number match the associated documentation
• Ensures all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals to include specific chapters
• Actively participates in the continuous improvement phase (level 4) of the company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and is familiar with the SMS policies, processes, and procedures
• Maintains work area in a clean and professional manner
Responsible for correcting compliance or safety issues when directed by the Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance, Chief Pilot, Regional Maintenance Director, Director of Safety, or Lead Mechanic
• Responsible for advising the Pilot in Command (PIC) of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service
• Responsible for validating or confirming the data in the Status Report concerning the aircraft he or she is working on including
• Request aviation parts and supplies in order to maintain an adequate and orderly inventory of all stock items to ensure prompt repairs for operational readiness
• Other Duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 to 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Factory airframe/power plant schools preferred
• FAR 135 operations preferred
• Electrical troubleshooting and refined vibration-balancing
• Sheet metal and composite repair procedures
• Ability to read and understand various documents such as 337’s, Service Bulletins, AD’s, etc.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
• Efficient in the use of electronic or paper based manuals and able to navigate through vendor data to find necessary information
• Ability to learn and utilize the Company’s ERP system (Ramco)
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to apply creativity and problem solving skills in troubleshooting work
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• RAMCO experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• FAA A&P License in good standing.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Looking for Aircraft Maintenance Engineer jobs in UK?
Browse hundreds of latest Aircraft Maintenance Engineer vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top aviation job sites. Aviation Job Search prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Aircraft Maintenance Engineer careers in UK.
Click below link to browse other Aircraft Maintenance Engineer opportunities in UK:
View all Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Jobs
If you're an employer looking for Aircraft Maintenance Engineer recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the link below:
Hire Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Now