Health and Safety Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety officer to join a growing company within aerospace, with regards to building technology to revolutionise how people fly.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Ensuring that all health & safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are created, regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Ensuring the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensuring the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations
- Ensuring that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented
- Ensuring that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinating the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures
- Ensuring full and accurate health & safety and training records are maintained
- Establishing a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks
- Establishing a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the company
- Liaising with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health & safety services when required
- Managing and devising the agenda, chairing, formulating and distributing minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following;
- NEBOSH General Diploma or equivalent
- You must be a people person who is good at networking
- Provision of advice to managers in line with health & safety
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising health & safety policies and procedures
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.