4 months ago
Reporting to the Director, Business Analytics, the Head of Vendor Relations will act as the owner for contracts/SLAs in the area, support commercial and contractual discussions with Vendors with the objectives to improve quality of contracts and reduce costs.
The position is also responsible for vendor the administrative processes around reception of supplier invoices, coordinating payment with Corporate Services / Finance and for the budgeting and forecast of costs. The scope of responsibility includes IATA operations for the following line of businesses: IATA Settlement Systems: Passenger Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP) and Cargo Accounting and Settlement Systems (CASS) and also Simplified Invoicing and Settlement (SIS) and other vendors for settlement and operational platforms.
* Contract and supplier management. Support the negotiations and ongoing follow up of multi million contracts for data processing services and IT development services.
* Ensure vendors provide all certifications and undergo any technical, quality or security auditing process that is required under their service agreement
* Administer all paperwork and certifications/evidence before any internal or external legitimate requestor.
* Support the operational teams around their interactions and work with the above suppliers:
* Convey internally and to relevant parties the vendor obligations and IATA’s commitment on the applicable contracts with suppliers. Ensure all stakeholders are aware of the rules and operational framework defined for each supplier
* Measure Vendors Performance regularly, and hold them accountable to the standards agreed.
* Support and facilitate Contract/SLA standardization across vendors, and promote best practices across suppliers.
* Contribute to the standardization of costing from suppliers and support product price alignment through it. Contribute to the optimization of operational margins that can be conveyed to customers (airlines).
* Administrative processes:
* Coordinate a team so as to streamline payments and minimize administrative cost within IATA.
* Ensure that the department timely pays and quality controls suppliers for accurate charging.
* Ensure that the department accurately accrues for expected costs and obligations of IATA around supplier services.
* Coordinate and ensure Order and Service Acceptance Management
* DPC Contractual/SLA Management & Administration :
* Maintain Contractual Records and Documentation
* Providing advice to Management on responsible contracts
* Liaise with other departments (Procurement, ITS, Legal and CPC) as per the Collaboration Framework in tender, vendor selection, preparing Term Sheet and drafting of contract and SLA
* Be the point of reference to internal FDS stakeholders for contract and SLA related escalations
* Liaise with Service Providers on all contract and SLA issues
* Manage Supplier Costs: Ensure application of agreed charging, monitor overall expenses and search if any areas for cost cut or service improvement
* Budget and forecasting:
* Responsible for accounting and monitoring of data processing services suppliers (eg, ACCA, ACCELYA, DXC,..)
* Prepare yearly budget for operations (consulting costs, supplier bills, audit processes, other operational expenditures such as travel and department events).
* Monitor cost evolution, provide updated forecast and account for and explain deviations over budget and existing forecasts.
* Support the preparation of the IATA FDS Operations Business Model for supplier services, data processing and system developments costs by identifying cost drivers and factoring them into multiyear forecast
Qualifications and Skills
* University degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Law or Computer Sciences.
* Master’s degree would be appreciated.
* Extensive (10 years or more) of experience with contract management, contract discussions and preparation and setting and tracking SLAs.
* Knowledge of airline distribution processes and operations would be appreciated.
* Strong negotiation skills and solid commercial acumen.
* Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and to tight deadlines;
* Experience with stakeholder management on all levels and leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to analyze metrics and SLAs, identify operational and relational weaknesses and suggests avenues for improvement on vendor strategies and operations.
* Familiar with matrix organizational structure, ability to work in an international and cross-cultural environment;
* Fluent in English; ability to write complex agreements and draft contract clauses for legal review and validation.
* Knowledge of Spanish and/or Chinese languages desirable.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.