Job Title: Head of Training PART 147
Reports to: Chief Aviation Services Officer
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe's leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Head of Training Part 147 seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
The HOT will report to the Chief Aviation Services Officer (CASO) and will have accountability for delivery of the Atlantic Aviation Group’s Part 147 Services.
The HOT will be accountable for working with the Part 147 Training team to lead & execute future growth strategy in line with the AAG group’s growth strategy. In this role, you will actively identify key areas for innovative transformation. Overseeing a growing team and working as a player coach, the HOT will be responsible for leading day to day Part 147 activities.
The successful candidate will support the CASO in increasing market share and revenues, developing, pursuing, and closing new sales opportunities related to the entire portfolio of products and services offered by the Training school. The role requires the individual to have a strong proven experience and success in delivery and development of EASA PART 147 services.
Essential Job Function
As Atlantic Aviation Group’s HOT, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following:
- AAG EASA PART 147 Training Manager nominated post holder, responsible for the day-to-day Training activities, for ensuring that the organisation personnel work in accordance with the applicable procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the organisation’s processes and standards accurately reflect the applicable regulations, ensuring that compliance is proactively managed, and that any early warning signs of non-compliance are documented and acted upon.
- Ensure the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- People focused approach to leadership tailoring your approach to achieve the best from the collective team
- Execute a robust and ambitious succession planning and development programme for all levels of staff.
- Lead, develop and implement PART 147’s growth strategies using appropriate aviation industry trends & data and modern, innovative tools & techniques in accordance with AAG growth plans.
- Focuses on execution with a strong emphasis on commerciality, long term contracts, repeat business and profitability.
- Promote cross selling opportunities within the AAG Aviation Services Team and wider AAG group
- Encourage Customer Centric environment and behaviours to ensure product and service meets customer expectation.
- Contribute to the development of pricing policies including terms and conditions for customer segments to ensure commercial success for Training Services.
- Responsible for managing customers, preparing presentations, and making presentations at executive level.
- Deploy lean and/or six sigma principles to streamline processes, reduce rework and increase output.
- Manage resources to ensure on-time delivery of training services.
- Manage the output of Training Team, to include development of relevant metrics and system for measurement and monitoring of output.
- Champion and influence change, adaptability, and agility across PART 147 team.
- Agree with CASO annual budget and manage implementation throughout the year.
- Passion for education and training
- Strong knowledge of the Aviation Industry, specifically Aviation Part 147 training and regulations
- Previous experience as an EASA form 4 post holder.
- Proven existing relationships within airlines, lessors, MRO’s and general aviation.
- Proven experience of managing a large diverse team (onsite and remote).
- Demonstrated leadership and team building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Strong organisation skills with proven experience of team management though data, metrics and KPI’s.
- Demonstrable experience in building sustainable growth in business.
- Proven experience in development and implementation of Business Strategy in a changing/dynamic marketplace.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the key commercial levers in a people oriented technical services business.
- Experience of working internationally with multi-jurisdictions.
- Ideally, experience gained in a progressive, commercially focused organisation with a strong culture of performance, innovation, and delivery.
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our employee orientated culture.
- An energetic, dedicated approach combined with excellent organisation skills and a commitment to deadlines, targets, and high work standards.
- Strong collaboration and evidence of successful negotiation skills.
- To align with our core values, we are seeking staff that are ambitious, agile, and honest, who will show a great customer and team focus and are committed to excellence. We are looking for positive people, who like us, have fun while getting the job done.
- A flexible working schedule will be required to support this role.
- Fluent English is essential.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Passion for education and training
- Demonstrate team leadership ability and exceptional communication skills coupled with the capacity to innovate, intuitively engage, and influence at all levels.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, coaching, influencing and consultative skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Requires proven business/commercial acumen with good strategic vision.
- Proven organisational skills.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
Closing date for applications: 08/12/2022