McGinley Aviation's long-standing client is driven by a commitment to make aviation accessible to anyone who shares the joy of flying. With a philosophy to train future commercial pilots and develop industry leaders by providing access to world-class training facilities, a state-of-the-art fleet and the world's leading aviation instructors and educators. Equipping future generations of pilots with the skills, knowledge and qualifications they need to succeed in their chosen aviation careers.
Pilot Training Academies located in the UK, Australia, Spain and Montenegro, provide centralised locations for advanced flight and theory training that prepares students to fly for international commercial airlines.
The Head of Training is responsible for the academic operations of the Flight School, this includes safety, quality and compliance. You will follow established procedures but have the ability to adapt and innovate as the situation may require. There is a strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for promoting flight safety throughout the school
- Accountable for ensuring that the school is in compliance with the local regulatory requirements with regard to delivery of Training
- Defining and monitoring the required quality and standard of training given by the training staff
- Ensuring Training policies and processes are suitable for task and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating/promoting policies, procedures and standards throughout the school
- Ensuring that all training documentation, manuals and courseware are fit for purpose and meet the requirements of the business
- Ensuring that Training is delivered to meet the objectives of being the Safest, Highest Quality and Customer Focused Training school in the world
- Development of all Instructors
- Hold or have held a professional pilot license in the last 3 years.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to motivate and encourage staff, to deal effectively with internal and external contacts ranging from executive to administrative levels.
- Demonstrable record of leadership.
- Extensive experience in training as an instructor for a professional pilots license.
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast paced environment
- Readily accepts changes and adjusts accordingly
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
- Europe locations including Oxford, Huesca and Montenegro and overall EASA training in Australia
Key Performance Indicators:
- Student pass rates
- Customer satisfaction
- Safety - mishap rate
- Regulatory inspection results - non-conformances
- Safe operation of company aircraft in line with EASA, CAA and company requirements
- Effective safe communication with students and other departments (internal and external)
- Ensuring the safety at all times of all students within Flight School
- Ensure both own and the safety of other personnel in the vicinity of the working environment
- Perform tasks in compliance with regulations and company procedures
- Practice and promote the Company's Safety policy and Just Culture
- Participate in safety briefings, meetings and events as appropriate
- Know their role in the company's ERP