Head of Quality (Strategy / Governance)
Salary: Negotiable + Bonus
Business Unit: Energy and Marine
Main Purpose of Role
To lead, direct and support the strategic and operational performance of the Quality department, enabling the successful delivery of business strategy, objectives and targets whilst adhering to regulatory compliance, improving operational efficiency and performance and achieving commercial success.
What do I need to do the role?
Technical competencies / skills:
- Strong knowledge of ISO9001:2015
- Ability to set strategy for a busy quality department
- Strong strategic / operational experience
- Ability to work well with a small team as well as the wider Quality functions
- Ability to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve business goals
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills / ability to influence the business cases internally
- Reporting to the Business Unit management team on the performance of the business management system and any need for improvement.
- Developing and implementing the Quality department's strategy to ensure it meets the business needs and customer requirements while ensuring the departmental performance against its objectives.
- Maintaining an awareness of new and proposed legislation that impacts the business and communicating any changes to the Directors and Senior Managers.
- Identifying and developing the Quality Team structure, whilst maintaining the availability of adequate competent resources, to deliver current and future functional objectives and ensure commercial success.
- Developing a sustainable Quality capability and capacity through effective succession planning.
- Identifying and implementing ways to optimise the operational model to minimise the Cost of Quality.
- Developing and maintaining a system to provide accurate input to cost estimates, budgets and schedules and owning the execution against these targets.
- Ensuring the Quality Team work with other operational staff to agree Project specific quality approaches and requirements and deliver positive results.
- Leading and preparing the company for audits, assessments and inspections from all accreditation bodies and customers.
- Ensuring that there is an audit programme in place which is communicated to the business and performed and reported as scheduled.
- Ensuring that supplier and subcontractor audits are performed and reported as scheduled.
- Promoting the effective use of Quality Management and Assurance tools and present reports to Management to ensure that performance is appropriately measured.
- Ensuring that effective target setting and performance monitoring systems are in place and used consistently throughout the business.
- Ensuring the development of departmental policies and procedures (writing, revising and approving), ensuring regulatory compliance in conjunction with being "fit for purpose" operationally and commercially.
Education and qualifications:
- Ideally a degree / Honours degree in a relevant subject
- A postgraduate qualification (preferably in Quality related field) is also desirable, as is membership in a professional body
- Experience within Oil & Gas or Nuclear related business' preferred but not essential
- Strong experience of working experience in quality management
- A demonstrable track record of successful quality management will be an added advantage
Must be able to be gain Security Check (SC) clearance
If you are currently employed by Babcock please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.