Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline, with 10 UK bases covering many of the UK and Europe's main cities. We pride ourselves on an excellent level of service to our customers and adopt the same approach to our employees at Exeter head office and beyond.
* Competitive salary
* Excellent training and career progression opportunities
* Staff Travel Scheme - heavily discounted UK/European flights
* Free Parking
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Retail discounts with some of the biggest brands
* Opportunity to attend Exeter Chiefs & Exeter City FC matches, free of charge!
To efficiently resource and manage the pilot community and crew administration;developing the pilot role and promoting leadership at all levels of the pilot workforce; addressing communication, performance management and absence management concerns promptly to the improvement of the pilot workforce.
Location: Flexible but will involve extensive travel
* Management of the pilot workforce and crew administration team in line with Company and Flight Operations/ flight safety policy and procedures.
* Ensure effective compliance with regulations.
* Ensure that flight safety is proactively communicated and promoted within the pilot and wider flight operations arena.
* Work with the Flight Operations Director and the People Team in the management of trade union matters.
* Work with the pilot union to address concerns that are raised in scheduling and trade union meetings as required.
* Be responsible for the strategic leadership to advance planning relating to negotiations with trade unions and other staff consultative groups.
* Developing the pilot role to promote a strong leadership culture within the pilot community.
* Work with the HR and Employee Engagement Team to positively promote leadership at all levels with pilots.
* Work with the training teams to develop the command development programme.
* Active management and development of the Pilot Management role to effectively manage welfare matters locally at base requiring regular physical presence throughout the bases in our network.
* Ensure that attendance and absence matters are monitored and promptly managed.
* Work with the People Team to ensure that short term sickness and long-term sickness are address compassionately.
* Manage the Loss of Licence insurance renewals process with the Insurance Manager.
* Develop a robust two-way communication model to improve feedback and engagement of all pilots
* Lead and execute timely and effective communication to all line reports in conjunction with our Employee Engagement initiatives.
* Develop flight operations policy and processes as required.
* Maintain the Flybe Pilot Handbook.
* Manage pilot resource through recruitment and delivery of pilots to the Company.
* Delivery of all base and leave bid requests with appropriate interaction with other stakeholders.
* Ownership of Pilot Recruitment Manual.
* Being prepared to respond, in a crisis, as an ERP representative and maintaining knowledge of the emergency response programme policies, processes and procedures, as defined by the Emergency Response Programme Manual.
Health and Safety
* Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
* Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work. Including Management responsibilities as required by H&S Manual.
* Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the Flybe Safety Policy. Including Management responsibilities as required by the Safety Management Manual
* Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the Flybe Security Policy.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* Significant and proven people management experience and demonstrable ability to drive through strategic 'top level' change within a workforce over a significant period.
* Experience of developing operational policy and procedures
* Demonstrable experience of managing and developing direct reports and increasing employee engagement.
* Significant experience of managing trade union relationships.
* Knowledge of Flight Time Limitations and Fatigue Risk Management Systems.
* Significant experience of managing disciplinary and grievance matters.
* IT literate and experience in presenting difficult topics.
* Significant experience of managing attendance matters.
* Degree level of education or equivalent experience.
* Management/development qualification.
* Passport and be able to travel without restriction.
* Full driving licence.
* Airline management experience
Act as a role model for the organisation by demonstrating the Flybe values:
* Care & Respect Each Other
* Look After Our Customers
* Own Our Actions
* Strive For Better
* Everyone Together