Beechcraft Berlin Aviation (BBA)
is one of the leading facilities in Germany and throughout Europe for servicing, repairing and overhauling business aircraft.
As an EASA Part 145 approved Maintenance Organisation and an authorized Textron Service Facility, BBA is delivering services to both private and corporate aircraft and is performing hundreds of maintenance jobs every year.
With its EASA Part 21J certified Design Organisation, Beechcraft Berlin Aviation is providing turnkey solutions for aircraft modification requirements from design and engineering to project management, installation and certification.
Beechcraft Berlin Aviation is seeking
HEAD OF OFFICE OF AIRWORTHINESS
In this role, your main objective is to ensure that the certification and the continued airworthiness of Beechcraft Berlin aviation (BBA) designs, modifications and repairs are established within the applicable airworthiness regulations.
The Head of Office of Airworthiness (HOA) is an EASA Form 4 function and is one of the main pillars of our EASA Part 21J approved Design Organization.
The HOA reports directly to the Head of Design Organization (HDO) and has no hierarchical employees reporting to him.
All Compliance Verification Engineers (CVE), internal and external, report ‘functionally’ to the HOA.
- Advising all departments of the design organization in all questions regarding airworthiness, environmental protection approvals and certification.
- Ensuring obtainment and distribution of applicable CS and environmental protection requirements and other specifications and interpretations hereof.
- Liaise between the design organization and the EASA about Type Investigation and the Type Certification processes.
- Prepare the Means of Compliance and the type certification program
- Preparing the Certification Program and co-ordinate all tasks related to Type Investigation in concurrence with EASA.
- Approving the classification of changes / repairs and certification processes.
- Ensuring that all test programs and compliance documents are prepared in time, as required by EASA (or other agencies if applicable) to show compliance with all CS, OSD and environmental protection requirements, as well as for completeness and signing for release of the documents.
- Ensuring that the manuals approved by the Agency, including any subsequent revisions are checked to determine that they meet the respective requirements and that they are provided to the Agency for approval in time.
- Supporting the Head of Engineering and or VP Sales to prepare commercial offers.
- Communicate and coordinate the projects with EASA.
- Implementing all EASA current regulations and certification specifications.
This position reports to the Head of Design Organisation (HoD) / CEO
- You are required to have a Master’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience as Head of Office of Airworthiness Office will be an advantage.
- You need to have a minimum of 5 years' continuous experience within an EASA approved Part 21 J design organization at least in the position of a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE).
- Proficient in the use of design, drawing, planning & maintenance related software applications as well as Microsoft Office.
- Well-developed analytical and assessment skills to judge probable airworthiness risks.
- Thorough knowledge of the relevant EASA Part 21 requirements / regulations and company procedures are expected.
- Excellent knowledge of the Design Procedures, especially the procedures relevant to the classification, compliance demonstration, certification and continued airworthiness process.
- First-rate understanding of the acceptable methods for certification and the current and historical certification specifications (CS23 and CS25).
- Experienced in the Business Aviation Sector would be an advantage.
- Good commercial understanding.
- Fluent in English, at least basic in German (desirable)
- Location of work will be Berlin, Germany